Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Moving back to California

I have lived in Tennessee going on 11 years.  I don't know where those years went so quickly.  It just seems like yesterday that I watched my five year old grand daughter walk in to her kindergarten class and next year she'll be graduating from high school.  When I was just a teenager myself I always wished the years would go by faster, but now at 79 on March 25, the years seem to fly by as if in a dream of some sort.

I don't know about you, but for me when I reached 70 I didn't feel any different from when I was 30, but as I approach 80 in 2017 I think is today going to be my last day.  Does that sound morbid?  I have girlfriends my same age and that's what they think too.  How much longer do I have?  I can't make plans far in the future because I don't know if I'll be here.

I feel fine.  I think I look good for my age.  I could go to the gym more often and take better care of my skin, but I don't really think about it that much.  I look in a magnifying mirror every night while watching TV and I pluck out the grey hairs in my eyebrows.  I don't have any eyebrows anymore.

I have many friends and family in California.  I'm going to move back there one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment