Monday, April 6, 2015

My Youngest Son Visits Nashville

I don't care how old a child gets, as an adult when they come to visit it's so exciting.  You want to make their visit memorable - so that means no fighting.  ha ha.  You plan things, where you'll go, who you'll see, what you'll eat, but all of a sudden that week's visit has come to an end.  You drive your child to the airport or watch his car drive away and you're sad.  As your child gets older, so do the parents.  My youngest son who will be visiting with me April 7 through the 14th is turning 42 in May, but in my mind he is still in a crib, waiting to be picked up from an afternoon nap.  The time has flown by.  I just turned 78.  When he leaves he will take a part of me with him, even though he may never know it.  I'm looking forward to seeing Lauren James Scheff. 

No comments:

Post a Comment