Sunday, November 16, 2014

My May December Romance

Love has no boundries.  It doesn't know a 25 year old from a 50 year old.  Love is "what it is," and while it's going on it's absolutely insanely wonderful.  Statistics prove that a high percentage of married couples get divorced and there are more married couples in the 25 to 49 group than there are in the "you get this and I get that" category.  I was 41 when I was introduced to an 18 year old confused bi-sexual who babysat me going through a divorce.  I was a personal manager at the time and he had just graduated from high school with no work experience.  At 21 years of age he was a licensed theatrical agent with a well respected talent agency in L.A.  He didn't know what it was like to work for money, since his father was a wealthy lawyer in Beverly Hills and his mother owned jointly a major pharmaceutical chain in the U.S.  When they met me and knew my age they cut off his bank account, but he didn't care and for Xmas (he was a Jew) he brought home a Xmas tree the night before Xmas (it was free) and decorated it with strings of popcorn.  Was he a rebound love?  He treated me like I was a Queen.  I never questioned his love for me.  He died in 1990, in three months from a malignant brain tumor. 

I talk more about him in my book "You Can't Marry Them All" coming out in 2015.  I'm behind in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment