Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Little Big Shots

Did you see this week's show?  Why not?  Or, if you did, there were two performers that need watching.

WJM is a rock band and William is the lead singer and bassist.  There is also a drummer and guitarist.  These guys are special.  William is 12 and the other two are 12 and 13.   William is also the leader of the group and is in "charge" when he's on camera. 

When I first saw him and heard the band, I remembered back when my own son was 12.  I took him out on the road in a quartet I put together so he could see what it was like to play in front of a crowd.  We played in the restaurant of a hotel in Idaho.  We drove there, but I didn't take my son as he was only 12 and we were playing in a restaurant that served alcohol.  When I got there, the hotel manager asked with he was and I said I left him at home because he's under age.  I was told that because food was being served in that room he could play but had to leave on breaks to follow the law.  The manager flew him up the next day and we were there for a week.  We had a blast.

My son, Jason Scheff, joined the musician's union at 12 years and we played locally in San Diego, our home town.  Jason joined the band Chicago when he was 22 and has been with them ever since.  He just turned 54.  It's been a great ride for my son to be able to make a living at a job he loves.

Please take a look on Facebook at WJM and enjoy the music and comments about this talented young boy who will soon be a household name.

The young girl on the show "Little Big Shots" - shown on Mondays at 7pm is from Oslo Norway.  She is a jazz singer and good at it.  Look at the reruns on Netflix, Rabbit TV or On Demand.

No comments:

Post a Comment