Monday, August 15, 2016

Jennifer Aniston in Cake

I have been a fan of Jennifer Aniston since Friends, as I also have been with every other cast member of that series.  I have not only seen all movies Jen has been in, I own most of them.  The only one I hadn't seen was the one where she was disappointed she didn't get nominated Best Actres for.  "CAKE."

I am confident in my summation as to why she was not nominated.  She is a better Rom-Com actress, and the movies that have been hits for her included her co-star and what the movie was about.  It has never really been about her with the exception of Cake which I was disappointed in and here's why.
In the first ten minutes of the movie I was bored.  There was nothing that made me want to see the next ten minutes.  Her character never changed through the movie except in two scenes where she did show some varied emotion, the rest of the film was monotone and very boring, infact so boring I had to move the film forward on three occasions.

Aniston needs to do a movie where "she" is what the story is about.  That has never been the case, but I will say her dramatic film that she was excellent in was "Derailed," with Clive Owen.  She was not only good in it, she was dynamic in it.  She should have been recognized for it.

Cake has the worst storyline.  It reverts back again and again never really bringing the plot or ending where it should be.  The ending is blunt where she moves from lying down in the car to sitting straight up.  That's it.  No follow-up, what she was ill from, how pills affected her and who she was.
I would say this is the worst film I have ever seen, with one exception.  The Hispanic maid should have been nominated for something.  She was fantastic. 




No comments:

Post a Comment