Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Can you spare $5.00 a month to save a child?

You probably get requests in the mail for donations for various charities, and you probably throw a lot of them, if not all, away.  Please allow me to tell you the importance of just $5.00 a month toward these great healers for hope.

Hopefully, you have never heard these words.  "Your child has cancer," or "We've done all we can."  Never let an announcement like these tear you down.  There is help you can turn to.

For Cancer, St. Jude's Children's hospital in Memphis, Tennessee will take your child and develop a recovery plan specific to his/her needs and, at no charge to the child or parents.  All treatment, no matter how long it takes, will be free of charge.  So how can this hospital operate without funding?  It all starts with you.  You may think $5.00 a month won't even cover a fresh sheet on the hospital bed, but you're wrong.  Your $5.00 along with thousands of other $5.00 donations help run the very successful St. Jude hospital, plus there are major contributors who send a very healthy check every month or annually to keep this hospital afloat. 

The Shriner's hospital for children takes patients who have spinal issues, and a variety of other problems.  They have no fee either and operate under the same conditions as St. Jude.

For animals in shelter care at ASPCA, your donation to them goes a long way for food, medical help and advertising for a forever home.

So what I want you to think about is putting up an automatic $5.00 donation to one or all three of these institutions who desperately need your contributions.  This is what I do.  I don't even think about the $15.00 I have going out of my bank account each month.  I think about what my contribution and those of other people can do to help others in crisis.

It's a great feeling when I see my donations go out each month.  I know I'm doing my part in helping three groups who are there for YOU when you need them.  Remember, these donations are tax deductible.

 stjude.org - Donate to St. Jude - Help St. Jude End Childhood Cancer
Shriners Hospitals - We Provide Care Beyond Cost
aspca.org - Support the ASPCA - Help Animals in Need Today


No comments:

Post a Comment