Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Losing Joan Rivers

I first met Joan Rivers doing a standup act in a small hideaway on Fifth Avenue in San Diego, California.  She was hilarious.  Talking about negative things and comparing them to celebrities.  It was so enjoyable to sit and listen to her talk about various people that we knew, possibly not personally but we knew of them because they were in show business.  I'm trying to remember the name of the club where she was working.  I may have it wrong in San Diego.  It might have been in Los Angeles.  It's been so long ago I'm not sure I'm accurate, but it was a small club.  Intimate, with dimmed lights and bright lights on the stage.  She was in heels and a black, simple dress. 

I followed her from that moment throughout her career and loved the red carpet gossip and the Fashion Police.  I hope there will be re-runs because I need to see her, hear her and watch her.  There is no other Joan Rivers.

I had just gotten to know Melissa in the past few years from her joining her mother on the red carpet and other shows they shot together.  I am praying daily for Melissa and Cooper's struggle through this time.

I lost my own mother in 1992 and it's still fresh.  There are so many times something great happens and the first person I think to call is my mother, but she's not there.  It takes time to adjust to this loss.  It never goes away, but it does get easier as time goes on and you tolerate the loss.

I'll be watching you Melissa and praying for you.

Linda Lee Roberts
September 9, 2014

1 comment:

  1. Always loved here from first seeing her on Johnny Carson so many years ago.Sad as they never saw this coming and everyone thought it was just routine.Routine as we hear so many times but we need to tell people our feelings and not live with regret because we just never know.Ive heard so many phenomenal stories about your Mom and how it was expressed in one of my all time favorite songs as well.Thats what it's all about after she left this earth the memories of how great she was and touched those lives.Priceless and that's what I want is for people to say those things about me

    ReplyDelete