Monday, November 3, 2014

Online Dating

I wonder how many people join online dating sites.  I don't have to wonder any longer because if you log in to any of them, you will see a whole bunch of people all hoping to find the person of their dreams.  This is what I've come up with.  Men and women in their 70's and 80's don't want to be alone.  Most of those people have lost their spouse through illness or age-related problems.  And, many of them have been married for a lot of years so losing their spouse and friend of 40 or 50 years is a tremendous loss.  Those who are divorced are usually a little younger - in their 50s and 60s so they're game for the "hunt."  Actually I have been a member of an online dating service but because I am searching for an email friend I don't get very many responses however, every few years I'll join for a month and believe it or not I have not only found good email friends I have met two that I still correspond with at Xmas.  They're married now and I get Xmas cards from their families.  I like corresponding via email or letters with pictures.  It's difficult to simply find an email buddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment