Saturday, February 27, 2016

Fuller House Premier on Netflix

I was waiting up tonight for the premier of "Fuller House," the extension of Full House which aired a few years back.  The premier, I had read, would be available at 3am, however, as I was starting to fall asleep I turned on Netflix, clicked on Fuller House and it was showing me Season 1, episode 1.  This happened at 1am.  I wonder what would have happened if I had turned it on at midnight.  Oh well, what's a little time.

I thoroughly enjoyed the premier, and the next 5 episodes.  What??? Netflix was showing all the episodes, so obviously they have been filming these shows for months.  I'm not clear on why all the episodes are available, but as I started to watch episode 6 I turned it off and thought I would retire.  It is now 6:15am on Saturday morning and I haven't been to bed yet.  I wanted to write my critique of the show.

Jodie Sweetin is hot and Candace Cameron is still very pretty.  There's no getting around it, John Stamos is handsome and still as lovable as ever.  Dave Coulier and Bob Saget have aged nicely from the close of the original show.  Lori Loughlin has lost some of her glamour, but getting her auburn hair back again with a darker lipstick would help.  I missed Michelle, but all the new kids in the show are terrific with great personalities.  They all have something different about them.

The writing is great.  All the scenes will make you feel right at home.  I loved a scene where Stephanie (Jodie) is changing the diaper of the new baby on the show (a boy who is gorgeous) and after she gets the diaper on, her phone is ringing and she can't find it, but can hear it's close by.  She realizes it's in the diaper so she puts the diaper to her ear and talks to DJ.  Hilarious.  So many clever scenes in every episode

The only negative issue I have with this show is that the costume designer needs to do better for the girls.  Stephanie went out on the town in a silver dress that was too small on her and looked like it came from Goodwill.  She also wore in episode 1, a red dress that didn't cover her chest.  It looked like her butt had gotten up there instead.  Even Sofia Vergara wears classier clothes.

The new infant on the show is about the same age as the Olson twins.  Nine or ten months and he, also a twin, is absolutely beautiful.

I can't leave out Kimmy Gibbler, who is now a regular and as kooky as ever, but oh so likeable.  Her clothes are typical of the ones we had gotten used to.

Of the five episodes I saw, they are fantastic.  Anyone who watched the show back then, watches the reruns daily from 7pm to 10pm, will love this show.  I'm so glad I took a subscription on Netflix, as my Rabbit account, which carries Netflix, says Fuller House isn't available yet.




No comments:

Post a Comment