Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Getting back to writing

For 8 of the 10 years I have lived in Tennessee, I had a Column in the Nolensville Dispatch.  New owners bought the paper and I continued to work for them for two years.  They have now given up the business, so the choice I have is to keep up my own website with news I want to share.

 I haven't been good about keeping this website up to date because I was finishing my book, "You Can't Marry Them All" and other Hollywood Stories, available at Author House, Amazon and Ebooks.  It took me a while to get the book done.  I had the idea for it when I went to a "Chicago" convention in Las Vegas in 2008, but didn't really work on it until 2014 and 2015.  I had never self-published before so I was new to the procedure.  I know now if I ever do it again, I know the protocol for getting it published quickly.

I published at Author House because I wanted to do it my way.   I don't think I would use them again, but maybe I would now that I know the system.  Most of the people that work there have Asian dialects except the advertising/marketing department.  Jeff Reuter speaks perfect English.  Very easy to understand.  I actually made everyone else send me an email of what they were trying to tell me.  I have nothing against any nationality.  I just couldn't understand them.

The book became available November 19, 2015 and I must say the cover is great, designed by Ziggy Kormandel a gifted artist.  Ziggy's on Facebook.  The story is about a woman from the age of six to 70+ and her life growing up.  It's all about the men in her life.  Lovers, husbands, bosses, friends and two male friends who both died of Aids.

The next book I write will be coming out the end of 2016 called "Uterine Cancer" - What every woman should know.  I am a 14 year survivor of this type of cancer and I want to share what I went through.

Thank you for checking in on my website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment